Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated May 3, 2010

Letter dated May 3, 2010

[Here is the e-mail that we received from Joseph today! I have added a few notes of clarification! Again, thank you for your support of Joseph! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear People,

First of all, I get to call home next week on the 9th. Well, technically home gets to call me. [This will be on Mothers' Day! We are very excited! BWS]

I am still doing well here in Prague. It still bugs me a little bit when people laugh when I try to speak Czech, but I do not let it get to me. Most people are just ecstatic that I am an American learning Czech, but occasionally I will talk to someone who is more rude than I would like. All is well, though. I probably do sound quite funny, so no worries.

We are meeting with some amazing people right now. It is so great to see how people learn to understand more about our Church and Jesus Christ. Sometimes it is hard and a little slow, but it is worth it to see how this gospel can bless people's lives. I am starting to realize just how much potential I have as a missionary here to help people and I am doing my best, now more than ever before, to really give everything that I have.

I love you all and am so glad for all of your support. I am learning so much here as a missionary and I just want all of you to know how grateful I am for this wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord as a missionary.

Until next time,
Elder Joseph Schindler

******
[Here are excerpts from a letter (a real letter!) we received from Joseph today! BWS]

I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing very well out here in the hart of the heart of Europe. The Czech Republic is the heart of Europe; I think Praha [Prague] is the heart of the Czech Republic. I am still trying to learn Czech and still trying to learn how to get people interested in what we are talking about, but it is coming along. It just seems as though we never have enough time to do everything. If we are not teaching, we're finding. If we're not finding, we're trying to arrange meetings. If that is not happening, we are trying to get members to those meetings. The same thing applies to the morning, night and study times. I seem to never have enough time to learn about the lessons, find useful scriptures, plan for meetings, learn grammar, learn words, etc. I suppose that is how life should be, but it has been hard to stay on the ball all of the time. In a way, that is good though, because we really have to rely on the Lord and learn how to invite his Spirit and His help.

It has been especially hard to send these letters (as well as e-mails) home. I have so much I want to say, but so little time, but every P-day [This is Monday, Joseph's preparation day. BWS] is super busy and event filled. I do love getting letters though. I guess that means I should send more.

I am glad to hear that you are all doing well. I hope that Peter Pan went well and that Track, Science Olympiad and Solo and Ensemble all go well. I was very afraid that all of you would be so sad I was gone that you would all stay home crying until I got home. Fortunately you have all found the strength to go on with your lives, despite the free-flowing tears.

P.S. I love getting letters and e-mails (And I am sure I will love getting packages).

No comments:

Post a Comment