Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Joseph's letter dated 13Sept2010

[Dear friends and family, here is Joseph's latest letter that I just received. I have created a blog for Joseph's mission - I will send you the address for the blog later today and you can see the pictures that Joseph sent. Thank you for your prayers and your love on behalf of our Joseph! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear All,
Well I only have eleven minutes, so this may be a little short. [Joseph only has a limited time to use the public computers - I think he uses the computers at the local library. BWS]

Well, first of all, we found three new investigators this week. This was a tremendous blessings and I am glad the Lord saw fit to bless us and bless them. I will continue working hard and doing my best as a missionary to allow the Lord to bless us again. One investigator, Ondřej, was found while Elder Peterson was on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I have not met him yet, but we have a meeting scheduled for next week. The other two, the Malý family, are great. We found them while tracting [contacting people]; they both are strong, Catholic believers. We taught them the first lessons, the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and bore strong testimony about it. They liked our lesson a lot and invited us for a follow-up lesson last Friday. Unfortunately, they had something come up (a grandson´s birthday), but we have a meeting scheduled for this week.

We met with a former investigator last week named Martin. It was a good meeting, we invited him to church (he said he may come next week), but the most interesting thing is that he looks a lot like my good friend Angel Alvarez. He is a very cool guy and we had a good meeting. We are praying he is willing to do things, like come to church, so that he can progress in the gospel.

President Irwin and his wife [This is Joseph's new mission president. BWS] were here yesterday for church. It was good to see them and to have them at church. The members love them a lot and there was a good spirit there. I translated (well tried to translate) for President Irwin during Sacrament meeting, it went well, but one of the speakers used a story about fishing as a metephor for his talk, and I struggled to understand most of it (nouns and verbs involved with fishing are not often used amongst missionaries (that's not an excuse, but it was interesting to try to translate when I could barely understand the talk. It was a good talk though).

I tried sending pictures home. I hope they worked. [It worked! I will be posting these pictures shortly!] BWS]

Today, Elder Peterson and I are in the city of Znojma. It is close to the Austrian Border and I have some pictures of Austria that I will try to send next week. It is the first time I have seen Rakoska (Austria).

Well, thank you for reading this week´s installment of ´"Elder Schindler in the Czech Repbulic." Thank you all for your love and support. And don´t forget that Jesus loves you very much.

S laskou,

Elder Joseph Schindler

ps-send me pictures of dads beard. and a map of the ČR

No comments:

Post a Comment