Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated May 17, 2010

Letter dated May 17, 2010

[Here is Joseph's letter that we received today. I will send the pictures with a later e-mail. Thank you for your support! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Friends and Family,

Here are some more pictures. The first one is of my companion. The rest are ones that I liked that I thought other people would also enjoy. I hope that you do.
[I will send these in a separate e-mail.]

This week went well. I do not know what else to say about it. The days and the weeks (and the months) all blur together. Everyday is the same, except Sundays and Mondays, and all the interesting things that happen, I tend to take for granted and do not know what to share. Also, I do not have a lot of time left on the computer, so if this is short, it is because I ran out of time, again.

This is apparently test week for many of our investigators who are students, so we did not meet with them, almost at all. Norman was also busy; the two Bulgarian women we were teaching returned to Bulgaria (which if you do not know, is kinda far away). Fortunately, we were able to meet with Rob Carter this week. I do not know if I have talked about him before, but he is a really cool guy from Connecticut (I think I did mention him before because I remember I spelled Connecticut wrong). We had several wonderful conversations about family history, the Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ, Baptism, our beliefs and many other things. He likes many of the things that we believe and honestly, much of it is not new to him. He already believes much of the things that we do and likes learning more about us. We went with him to lunch and a couple who live in the Branch here in Prague yesterday and we had a great time. I love seeing people learn more about us and seeing how the things we believe can actually help and bless members and their homes. I think that actually seeing it in a home was especially helpful.

We also have many meetings already scheduled for this week. We went through the old teaching records in our area and called about twenty people who have met with the missionaries over the past few months. A couple were wrong numbers, but we set up meetings with about ten of them and we are looking forward to meeting with them this week. I am excited for this new week. It is going to be awesome.

Love,
Elder Joseph Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment