Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated August 10, 2010

Letter dated August 10, 2010

[Dear family and friends, here is the letter we received from Joseph this morning. Thank you for sending your birthday wishes! Thank you Brother Larsen and Aunt Diane for sending the Frosty pictures!!! Your continued love and support is appreciated! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, my preparation day is on Tuesday, not Saturday. It is okay though, I received your e-mails and it sounds as though everyone is doing well. Also, thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes. It is nice to know that people are thinking about me and all that. I am still a little sad I could not have a Wendy's Frosty, but I was able to substitute it with a sundae from Mkač (McDonalds) ((not quite the same though)). I had a good birthday. I was on companion exchanges with Elder Pearson over in Jihlava (a larger town about 45 minutes northwest of Třebíč). He was a little upset that I did not tell him it was my birthday and that he did not find out until Elder Peterson came back with Elder Hicken to pick me up at about 6 o´clock, but we all went to McDonalds (Jihlava is big enough to have one) and had dinner (Wendy´s is way better though). But we worked hard and talked to some cool people. In my opinion, it was a good birthday.

Zone conference yesterday was awesome. We had some really great thoughts from President Irwin, as well as from Elders Anderson and Doxey (the Assistants to the President). [These are two missionaries who work directly with the Mission President. BWS] These included, but were not limited to, loving investigators, loving members, getting investigators/members to trust you, working effectively, being ourselves, and being super friendly. It really was a great day, and not just because I was able to see all my mates. The only downside was that the package my family sent still was not there. (the one with the conference ensign, so any others were also not there). [I sent this about 8 weeks ago!!! BWS] It is okay though. I will just get more the next time I move through Prague.

Elder Peterson and I found some cool investigators last week. One is from Mongolia and two are from Vietnam. It is a little interesting because their Czech (as well as ours) is not the best, but we can comunicate. It was great to find them, especially since we have been struggling to find anybody to meet with us. But we have been praying and fasting a lot, and finally we received this blessing. It will be a little difficult to teach them, but if we have the spirit, plus the Book of Mormon in Mongolian and Vietnamese, I know that we will be able to share our message.

Dad (or family), I have a request. Could somebody send me a list of all of the Boy Scout things, like the motto, slogan, law, etc... I think I know most of them, but I would like having them all written out. [I think this is a cool request! BWS] Also, I want to see a picture of the garden and dad with a beard. I think I have been asking for a while, and I know you are all busy, but I would love to see some more pictures from home. [Weston returned home yesterday from a summer at Boy Scout Camp. Weston will know how to upload these pictures for us! BWS]

I love you all and wish you the best.

Love,
Starší Joseph Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment