Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated April 19, 2010

Letter dated April 19, 2010

[Dear friends and family, here is the letter that we received from Joseph yesterday. As you can see, he loves hearing from you! Thank you for your notes, letters and prayers of support on behalf of Joseph! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Good Day (as in hello),
We had yet another great week here in Prague. We are meeting with some great people and I am learning a lot, especially about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help and bless the lives of everybody that it touches. It really has been a blessing to see how lives can truly change for the better.
I finally have a funny story that I feel is worth sending home. In the Czech language, there are two words that are slightly similar. They are "zajic", which means "hare (as in a rabbit)" and "žijicí" which means "living." Anyway, while talking about how it is great that we have living Apostles and a living Prophet on the earth today, I was really saying that it is wonderful that we have "rabbit Apostles and a rabbit Prophet." Anyway, the woman we were teaching thought this was hilarious and I have to admit, it was fairly amusing. I am learning though and I hope continuously to improve in my language abilities for the next twenty-ish months.
So transfers are happening this week and I am being sent to...Prague, again. I am very excited to stay and my companion, Elder McGowan is very excited to leave (he has been here for six months and really wants to serve in a city other than Prague). My new companion will be Elder ROUBICEK and all I know about him is that he is a missionary in the Czech Republic. While unlikely, he may be a murderer [Editors note: I doubt he would be! BWS] and so if I do not send an e-mail next week, it may be because I am dead. This means that I will still receive mail right as it arrives, so all of you who are itching to send letters/packages, now is the time (as well as a later time in my mission when I might start missing all of you, pretty much anytime is a good time for letters and, or packages.)
I hope that those of you who read these letters enjoyed the pictures I sent home last week. [Editors note: If you didn't receive the pictures, let me know and I will try sending them again. BWS] I cannot promise more, but I was very happy to find a computer that was fast enough to process my photos.
So I have a request for y'all. I always feel a little lost when I write these messages. It seems like I never know what to write and I really have no idea what types of things you would like to hear. If you would be so kind, please send a message to my parents suggesting aresa that I could focus more on, less on, things you would like to hear about, things you never want to hear about, things that [insert your own suggestion]...pretty much anything that you think would help make these letters better, more enjoyable, etc... I would really appreciate such responses.
Sincerely,
Elder Joseph Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment