Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated March 8, 2010

Hello Those Who Cast Their Eyes Upon This Message,

I am doing quite swimmingly well (I am not really sure what that means (or if it is an actual phrase), but I like the way it sounds). Prague is a wonderful city. I love being here and I am loving being a missionary.

Last Saturday, Kiril, our Bulgarian investigator, was BAPTIZED!!!! We were all very excited and are so happy that Kiril finally decided to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The language barrier is still a problem, but he understands a little Czech and one of the sisters in the ward served a mission in Bulgaria, so we are able to communicate with him. I think really though, that him having the Book of Mormon in Bulgarian was key. He was able to read and to come to know for himself that it is true. We are having lunch with him later this afternoon and are looking forward to continue to know this great man.

Czech is still hard.

We (my companion and I) want to do a lot of "finding" this week. We really want to find some great new people who are ready to hear about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we are getting "way pumped" to talk to a lot of people.

Also, I hear very little about things going on in the outside world. So if your messages to me discuss news stories (i.e. earthquakes), your message is likely the first time I have heard about it.

I remembered my camera today, but I am having some trouble attaching pictures, so if there are not very many, I am sorry. [None of the pictures made it here.]

I am not really sure what else I have to talk about. I am just trying to work really hard and to learn the language.

My suit "broke" the other day. Fortunately, I had a needle and some thread and was able to salvage the suit. (The button fell off). [This is in reference to an unfortunate incident that happened with the editor's missionary companion -- 30 years ago in Japan!]

It has been great to get to know so many different people here in Prague and I am looking forward to getting to know lots of new people. The Robbins, one of the senior couples serving here in Prague, are going home in just over a week and their replacements (the Fosters (I think)), just got here on Saturday night. We are sorry to say goodbye to the Robbins, but we are looking forward to getting to know the Fosters. [These are retired couples who serve as missionaries for the Church -- for 12 to 18 month time periods.]

Um, well Mom, you asked what I might be missing here and would like in a package. I really can get everything I need here, but I have not been able to find Listerine strips here. Maybe send some of those.

Well, TTFN (tata for now).

Love,
Elder Schindler

[If anyone wants to send a message to Joseph, you can reply to this note and I will forward the message to him! Thank you for your love and support. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment