Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated June 21, 2010

Letter dated June 21, 2010

[Editor's note: We are so excited that Joseph is feeling better! Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers on his behalf! BWS]

Hello,

I am doing great. I am healthy and can actually go out and work again. Way awesome! I hated being sick, but now I know never to do that again. Prague has been amazing these past couple of transfers. I have worked with some really amazing missionaries and seen some really cool things happen.

So, today our transfers were announced. Guess what? I am leaving Prague. I have been asked to work in the city of Třebíč, a small town south-east of Prague (it is actually quite far away). I will be working with Elder Michael Scott Peterson (that is actually his name) and apparently, he looks just like Toby McGuire in the Spider-man films (I have met him before, but I do not quite remember that similarity, but I have been assured by many people that he looks just like Spider-man). I hear he is an awesome missionary and I am excited to work with him.

It is still cold here. We have still had some warm days, but it is cold. The other day I wanted to put on my jacket, but my companion does not like wearing his suit, so I was cold for most of the day (it was fine though, not that bad). Everybody keeps saying the cold is because of the volcano, but I do not know. I just know it is weird, and that is enough for me.

Rob Carter, the man we are teaching from Connecticut is still doing well. He just finished Third and Fourth Nephi and is planning on reading Mosiah next in the Book of Mormon. He really likes the things the Book of Mormon says and thinks that it is really good. Unfortunately, I will be leaving Wednesday, but Elder Roubíček and his new companion will still be teaching him and I have really high hopes for all of them. It will be fantastic.

I may have to buy new shoes already. One of my pairs is doing alright, but the other shoe is splitting where my foot bends at the base of my toes. I am kinda upset, but it is alright. They still have a bit of life in them and when it is not raining, they are more than okay. Good news though. One of the missionaries who is going home left a set of almost new, white short-sleeved shirts. Plus, they fit me. Now I do not have do buy any new shirts for the summer. That made me rather happy.

I really want to see some pictures from home. I want to see pictures of my family, of the house, that computer set-up you have, the new missionary board at the church building, etc... I am committing y'all to send me those pictures before next week. I think I earned it since I just mailed a letter home today. It has all the letters I have written home in the last four weeks. Sorry I kept forgetting to mail them, but now they are on their way to America. [Editor's note: I'll need to have Weston or Daniel help me with this! BWS]

It sounds like Weston is enjoying working at Camp Rotary and that Daniel is going to have a great time at Drum Major camp. Also, the play you are doing sounds like a blast. I hope you all are having fun with it. [Editor's note: Five of us are participating in Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat which is being presented in our town this summer! BWS]

Well, that is all for now. I love you all and will likely e-mail you again next week, but from a library in Třebíč, not an Internet cafe in Prague.

(This is how you pronounce Třebíc- The T is as in truck, the ř is a combination of the s sound in pleasure and a rolled r sound, the eb is as in a tide ebbs and flows, and the íč is the each part of the work beach. ř is really hard to pronounce, by the way.)

Say Happy B-day to Nysse for me too. [Editor's note: Happy Birthday, Nysse!]

Love,
Starší Joseph Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment