Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated August 30, 2010

Letter dated August 30, 2010

[Dear Family and Friends,

This is the letter we received from Joseph 30 minutes ago! Please pass along any notes that you want me to send to Joseph. He LOVES receiving them!

We hope you are all doing well as our summer ends! Thank you for all of your prayers and support for our Joseph! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Greetings one and all,
Hello everyone. This past week went well, but it was a little weird to not do anything on transfer day (if you recall, Elder Peterson and I are both staying here in Třebíč). It was just a normal missionary day, with no packing, waiting, or trying to figure out the best way to get to a new city with two huge, and way too heavy bags and an over sized backpack. I thought it was funny, but I think Elder Peterson thought I was a little silly (or dumb) for wanting to go to the train station and pretend to pick him up and take him on a tour of our apartment. It was a good day though.
Last Saturday, the branch here had a Sports Day for the families and missionaries here in Třebíč. It involved running, the long jump, the throwing of leather ball things, the throwing of grenades (not real ones), and the eating of delicious sausages. Unfortunately, I did not represent Michigan well in the athletic contests, but I did have fun. Plus, the sausages were way good.
This week I am going to be in the city of Olomouc and Elder Peterson will be in Bratislava, which is the capitol of Slovakia, for leadership training. We will be gone all week until Friday night. I am looking forward to this week, I hear Olomouc is beautiful, and it should be a good learning experience. The only bad part is that we will be gone from Třebíč for four days. I suppose will have to work extra hard on our return.
Honestly, I do not have much more to add this week. However, I love you all and I hope that the new school year will be good for everybody. The Church is true, and I am so grateful for the knowledge that Jesus Christ is the Saviour and Redeemer of the World.
S laskou,
Starší Josef Šindler
-Dad, how well can you read/write Japanese? [Pretty well! BWS]

No comments:

Post a Comment