Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated July 12, 2010

Letter dated July 19, 2010

[Dear family and friends, here is the letter we received from Joseph this morning. We appreciate your love and your support! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Hello family, friends, etc...,

Well, today is Monday. The weather has cooled down quite a bit and now is cold and rainy and not hot and muggy. The city is still beautiful though.

Things have not really changed since last week. None of our investigators seemed to want to return our calls or talk/meet with us, so that was a bummer. In terms of numbers (i.e. lessons taught, new people found, etc..) this has been the worst week of my mission. I feel okay though, so you do not need to worry about me. Just maybe pray for us. Elder Peterson and I are excited though, because this next week will definitely be better because we are going to work our tails off. Otherwise we will have two awful weeks in a row, and that would not be good.

Elder Peterson is an awesome missionary and an awesome companion. We are getting along great and we like working together. He is great and Třebíč is lucky to have him.

I gave a talk (or a proslov) yesterday in church. It was not terrible, but in my opinion, it was pretty close. I do not mind speaking to people, but in Czech it is rather difficult. It was a little funny, but I accidentally said a couple word in English, and then a couple people would smile. For example, I think I said "Jsem vděčný za to že máme žijící proroka na zemi today...um, wait...dneska" or I am grateful that we have a living prophet on earth (today). Anyway, nobody died or stood up and left, so it went okay.

Well, unfortunately, I really do not have anything else for y'all. I love you and wish everyone back home and away from home good luck with everything.

Love,
Elder Josef Schindler [Notice the Czech spelling of Joseph's name! BWS]

Dad, did you add Paul to the e-mail list? [Paul (Russell), you can see what a great impact you had on Joseph! BWS] Oh, and I want to see a picture of your beard, and mom's longer hair. [Julie has been growing her hair and I have been growing my beard for our debut in the musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat! BWS]

No comments:

Post a Comment