Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated June 7, 2010

Letter dated June 7, 2010

[Dear family and friends, here is Joseph's letter that we received this morning. Thank you to those who have sent notes - Joseph LOVES receiving them! Thank you for your love and support. Joseph's editor - BWS]

Hello All,

I am doing super well here in Prague. This last week President Slováček [Joseph's mission president] challenged us to lose ourselves in the work and to give ourselves to the Lord. We really saw some amazing blessings because of it. It rained for the the first three days of the week, which makes it harder for us, but we were not discouraged and kept working. Then later in the week, especially on Saturday, we found five new people who want to meet with us again and taught many more on benches. We had amazing success with sharing our message. I am loving my mission right now.

Here is an exerpt from my letter to President Slováček about our investigators:

Our investigators are doing great. We found Dmitri on Saturday and he came to Sacrament meeting on Sunday. He is an engineering student from Moldova and is learning Czech. We gave him a Book of Mormon in Russian and we are meeting with him on Tuesday (probably). We also met a man named Kevin from Scotland, who we are also meeting early this week. He works for a Christian school here in Prague and we are looking forward to our meeting with him (also probably on Tuesday). Dana, an older woman who has been coming to church, is excited to meet with us this week (this is on Tuesday for sure). She really has not wanted to meet with us, but loves church and has made a lot of friends and we are looking forward to sharing with her the message of the Restoration. She is a sweet old lady, and has a friend whose son served an LDS mission in Africa. Also, Rob Carter is doing very well. He has read from about 3 Nephi 11 to almost the end. He loves the chapters about Jesus´s ministry among the Nephites and agrees with everything. We are planning on challenging him to be baptized this Thursday. We have introduced him to members in the ward and hope that he continues to grow and progress.

I love the work here and cannot wait to continue giving my desires and heart to God. We have seen so much success when we truly go out and do what the Lord wants that I never want to go out without that in mind. Czech is still giving me problems here and there, but it is coming along. I love working here and I am excited I still have a year and a half to keep giving everything I have.

I love you all and wish you the best with everything,
Starší Joseph Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment