Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated April 12, 2010

Letter dated April 12, 2010

[Editor's note: Here is Joseph's letter that I just received! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you want to send Joseph a note, simply respond to this e-mail and I will send it along to Joseph! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Good Morning Everybody (who reads this),

Today is a beautiful day. The clouds are grey and powerful and are blocking the sunlight from striking the city. The wind is chilly and the rain is coming down. The weather is very interesting here. It looks like this week will be very raining which is wonderful, as it will give health to the surrounding farmland.

I finally managed to attach pictures to this e-mail. I hope that you all like them. I think I have attached some good ones, so enjoy. [Editor's note: I will be sending these attachments separately - after I figure out how to attach them!]

Mom and Dad, I got the package you sent last Wednesday. Thank you for the watch. It has been very nice to have with me. The Listerine strips and the Ranch packets were also much appreciated. As of now, I do not stand in need of anything, but I will let you know if that changes.

Last week, for the first time I can recall, I was complimented on my English. I was walking down the street, when a man and his wife inquired about the location of Prague Castle. After bestowing upon them our directions, a group of girls, who had been listening, asked us to clarify our instructions. One of the girls then complimented my companion and me on our language abilities, stating: "You speak very good English", to which we responded that we were Americans. She laughed a little, and then both parties moved along on our original paths. It was quite funny and I am pleased to know that I still can speak English well enough to receive compliments for said skill.

Also, I would like to share a story about Napoleon Dynamite. Two of the missionaries here in Prague are meeting with a woman who became interested in the Church because after watching the film, found that John Heder was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She then researched the Church, became very interested, and now wants to join. So, Napoleon Dynamite is a wonderful missionary tool and you should share it with all your friends. (Okay, maybe not, but the story is true and I thought that some of you would like to hear this cool story).

I am doing very well out here in Prague. We are meeting with and teaching some really cool people and I am happy that I have this opportunity to be a missionary. It really is amazing to see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can and does bless the lives of the people who try their best to live their lives in accordance with it. I have really been able to gain a better appreciation for the great blessings that it can give to families and individuals and am so glad that I am a member of this Church. Though the work here is sometimes hard and a little frustrating (last week we had a day when we had seven meetings scheduled, to which no one showed up), to be able to see the happiness that our message can bring people is a very special blessing for me.

I wish everyone back home the best and I want each of you to know how grateful I am for your support and your prayers.

Sincerely,
Elder Joseph Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment