Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated July 12, 2010

Letter dated July 12, 2010

[Dear family and friends, here is the letter we received from Joseph this morning. We are always so happy to hear that he is doing well. Thank you for your love and your support of our Joseph! Love, Joseph's editor - BWS]

Nazdar Y'all,

First of all, thank you for the pictures. [Thank you, Daniel! BWS] I was happy to see them and to hear and see people from back home. Before I begin, I have a request. I vaguely remember hearing a story about Mom being kidnapped in Valley Creek once. Could someone confirm this story? If so, please include details. [At our wedding reception in Idaho - 21 years ago - Julie was mysteriously kidnapped by a couple of masked cowboys riding horses - one of whom slightly resembled me! BWS]

Okay. I love it here. Třebíč is a beautiful city and the people here are great. I think that I have said it before, but the members of the Church here are especially wonderful, very friendly and always willing to help. Plus, Elder Peterson is superb, and not just because he looks like Spider-man. He is a very patient and selfless missionary and we are very good friends.

Zone conference went very well last week. President and Sister Irwin are both amazing people. They are both converts to the church and have five children. Sister Irwin was a teacher of the deaf and other learning impaired children for many years, and both of them are skilled in communicating using British sign language (they are from England if you remember). President Irwin attended BYU and after that became a teacher. He has served in many leadership callings in England and is well prepared for service here.

I cannot remember if I have talked about her before, but we are meeting with a woman from Mongolia named Oiuna. She speaks Czech, more of less, but at zone conference we were able to get several materials and books in Mongolian so that we can better explain and define concepts and ideas while teaching her. She always wants to cook for us and is a very sweet lady. Her daughter previously met with the missionaries, but now lives in Northwestern ČR. Also, we found a woman named Kate while door knocking last week. She lived in England for two years and speaks English very well. We taught her several things and she was very interested and then pleasantly surprised when we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon. It was a great experience finding her, because it was almost at the end of the day, no one had let us in or talked to us all day, and we were just getting ready to go home when we knocked on her door.

I love it here and this next week is going to be awesome.

I did not get the package, and our next zone conference will not be for about three months, but I might get it before then. [We hope so! BWS] I will also be speaking in church in one week and in Czech. I am not excited, but it will be alright.

Love,
Starší Joseph Schindler

[If you want to send a response to Joseph, you can respond to this e-mail and I will forward it along to him! BWS]

No comments:

Post a Comment