Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Letter dated July 26, 2010

Letter dated July 26, 2010

[Here is the latest letter we received from Joseph this morning. Remember, August 5 is Joseph's birthday! If you want to send a birthday greeting, reply to this note and I will send him your greeting in his birthday package! Thank you for your love and support of Joseph! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Good Day,

Well, another week is finished. It is still going rather slow here in Třebíč. Partially it is because it is the smallest city with Elders in this country, but still, it is going really slow. We are having a hard time finding anyone to talk to us for a few minutes, let alone for a return appointment. But, nevertheless, Elder Peterson and I are working hard and trying to find the people here that the Lord wants us to find.

We do have one investigator who is doing well though. His name is Jarda and he works for a window installation business here in Třebíč. On a side note, there are a lot of such businesses here in Třebíč. At least six or seven. Apparently windows are much sought after here. Anyway, he is doing well. He is struggling to make time for us, but he likes the Book of Mormon and wants to really find out if it is true. He is trying to find out and we have high hopes for him. Mainly we hope that he will start reading regularly and come to church more, because we know that this will help him a ton.

The weather has cooled down quite a bit here and we have had a bit of rain as well. It really is a beautiful city (maybe I should start taking pictures of it).
[Pictures would be nice! Joe's editor] The town is quite beautiful and is set in a valley between two large hills and then up on the sides of said hills. Some places in the city have absolutely wonderful looking views and that is usually where we take our water breaks (Sister Irwin insists that we drink a lot of water).

I am also becoming a decent cook. Unfortunately, my favorite foods to make are oatmeal, fruit, and chicken and rice, so my talents are going more or less unnoticed. I am even a little lazy when I cook oatmeal. All I do is put water in our little water heater, press a button and then wait for it to boil. Then I pour the water into a bowl with raw oats. I am a little too lazy to cook it over the stove. But I am eating healthier and taking my vitamins, so no need to worry about a malnourished Američan in ČR.

Well, TTFN, tata for now,
Elder Schindler

[I told Joseph this morning in my note to him that we just finished our production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with the Share the Funds Group in Bay City - where 5 of us performed. Four of us dedicated our performance (in the written program) to Joseph, our Amazing Missionary in the Czech Republic. The 5th dedication was from Andrew who dedicated his performance to one of the stage lights. Joe's editor! ]

No comments:

Post a Comment