Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 4Apr2011

[Dear family and friends, here is Joseph's letter for this week. Let me know if you have any messages that you would like me to forward to Joseph! Thank you for your prayers and your support. I hope everyone is enjoying some semblance of Spring! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Hello Everyone,

To start off, I am glad to hear that you were all able to watch General Conference this past weekend. [This is the semi-annual conference from our church leaders which is broadcast out of Salt Lake City.] I am still waiting to get a copy of the conference (on DVD), but when we do I will be able to watch it. We are not quite sure when we will watch them, but we will be able to see them and we are looking forward to them very much.

Also, please tell Aunt Marta and Aunt Susan that I received their letters. Also, please mention that I said thank you. [Thank you!]

This week was a little slower, but we have just had several good weeks, so I am not feeling down, just excited for the next week. I will be doing a lot of traveling since I have to go to Prague next monday for my Visa, plus we have to go contact two referrals [people who have asked for information about the church] from the States who live in our area. One of them lives a two and a half hour bus ride away. We will have to work hard during the rest of the week, but I think that Elder Bown and I can pull it off.

I sent a couple pictures too. We went to some castle ruins up in Lukov today. I hope the pictures turned out. They are from Elder Bown's camera since I forgot mine. [I'll be posting these pictures on the blog later this week!]


Sister Kopčilová was at church last Sunday and is still reading quite a bit in the Book of Mormon. She is having a really hard time giving up smoking, but we are supporting her and reminding her that she really can quit. We visit her often; she lives two houses away from us, so we can easily visit her.

The weather here has been rather nice. It just started raining, but it has been warm and sunny for the past while. It is too bad that back home you are still having snow and all that.


I am happy and healthy and appreciate your support and prayers. I loved hearing from you all and this week! I heard from almost everybody (except Andrew).

I love you,

Elder Schindler


No comments:

Post a Comment