Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 28Mar2011

[Dear family and friends, here is Joseph's letter that we received today. It's a bit short -- but it is always good to hear from him. Let me know if you have any messages you would like me to pass along to him! I hope Spring is finding you this week! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Friends and Family,

The computer is being a little funny and I think that I have to rewrite my letter to President Irwin since I think it did not go through and was lost. Unfortunately, this letter may be short.

Sister Štulerová is doing swell. She gave a second talk in church yesterday. It was great. She used a number of scriptures and spoke straigth from the heart; it was a wonderful experience to hear.

We also had exchanges [this is where the missionaries have a new companion for a day] on Friday. I was here in Zlín with Elder Dietrich (this is the Elder from Hagen, Germany). We saw some good success. We found a Slovak (from Slovakia) man in the park, gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon, showed him the church building and then invited him to church. He came. His name in Jendraššak. He is a very humble and sincere older man. We will see him again on Thursday.

Also, one of the women we met last Sunday was able to meet with us twice this past week and she also came to church on Sunday. We taught her with President Večeřa (he is the branch president here and is about six foot five and is very muscular). That meeting was very good and he was able to bear a very powerful testimony. She also accepted a comitment to be baptized next month. That was a great part of the week.

Those are the big things that happened. I have Zone conference tomorrow. [This is a meeting with approximately 12 missionaries.]

Oh, I just read Moroni six this morning. I am behind, but I will try to catch up, but you will finish before I do, I think.

Sorry, but that is all for now. I have to rewrite my letter to President Irwin.

I love you so much and wish you all the best.

Until next week,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment