Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

P.S. from Prague - dated 11Apr2011

Dear Family and Friends, we were elated to receive a supplemental letter from Joseph -- not to say we didn't appreciate his initial 37 word letter! Here is the extra letter! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family,
Well I was able to get on the computer again and so I will try to send a brief update of my time over here in Zlín.
Sister Kopčilová is still having a difficult time giving up smoking, but is still attending and enjoying church. She was there yesterday for conference and I think that she enjoyed it.
We were able to watch the two Sunday sessions of General Conference yesterday in Czech. It went well, but conference is much better in English, since it does not have to be translated.
The weather is still nice and we are seeing some good things outside.
Last Wednesday, we worked on talking to people about the organization of the church,as it was the 181st anniversary of the organization of the Church. We passed out about twenty-five pamplets about the Restoration of the Gospel and set up meetings with two different people. It was a good day. Plus, my companion forgot to tell me we had a meeting in the morning, so we had a suprise, nice meeting to start off the day (it went well, even though we were not totally prepared).
Well, I do have to go now, but I love you and I pray for you often.
Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment