Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 18Apr2011

[Dear family and friends, I am hoping that you are all enjoying some warmer weather. We are expecting more snow here in Michigan -- but it will be short lived. If you have any messages for Joseph, reply to this note and send them to me -- and I will get them to Joseph! Have a great week! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family,

Well, this week was a good week. Sister Kopčilová is doing well, but is still working on quiting smoking. She is making progress with it though, she just has not been able to quit outright. She is doing well though.

Elder Bown and I watched General Conference this past weekend. We did not get the Saturday Afternoon session, but we were able to watch the four other sessions and we were quite blessed by them. I received some guidance for my work here and even a couple specific items that I can apply personally (and I am not refering to the talks about marriage).

Spring is still here, if it has been slightly cooler in recent days. It is warm today, but we did have to wear sweaters this past week. We are looking forward to summer.

We have been proselyting in a neighborhood on the west side of Zlín recently and we have seen some good things from it. This last week, we found a very kind Catholic man who we have met with twice and to whom we are introducing the Book of Mormon. Also, we found a couple who had been visited by missionaries about five years ago, but had for some reason, failed to come back to the return appointment they had scheduled. They invited us back this week and Elder Bown even spotted the copy of Book of Mormon they had received on a lonely corner of their shelf. That was a good meeting, plus after our meeting, Elder Bown gave me the meat that was on the Sandwiches they gave us to take home. [Elder Bown is a vegetarian!]

That is about all I have for this week.

Oh, by the way, I did get my Visa last week. Only four out of the ten of us got them, and the other six have to return to Prague. Fortunately I got one, since I am one of the missionaries who lives the furthest away. (I may actually be the furthest, but the other Elder contending for that title, Elder Peterson (not my old companion) in Ostrava, also got one).

I love you all and am praying for you.

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment