Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 2Mar2011

Dear Family and friends,

So first of all, I am staying in Zlín, with Elder Bown. Almost every companionship in the mission changed except us, a pair of Zone leaders, the assistants and the senior couples (note: the senior couples always stay the same, because they are married to each other). Plus several of the zones were rearranged and new leaders were called and moved. We received a text last Monday night that we would be staying together, but did not find out until Tuesday morning when I went to turn off our phone alarm. We had both gone to bed early and so we had missed the text.

However, we decided that we would not tell anyone where we were going until today when we got the mission e-mail, so I think we messed several people up with their transfer board predictions since nobody knew what we were doing. It was rather delightful to see the frustration of a couple missionaries who called to ask while we were at lunch, as most people thought Elder Bown was leaving as this is now his fourth transfer in Zlín. We are doing well though and are looking forward to this transfer. [I think a 'transfer' is a 6 week period in Joseph's mission.]

I have only a little time, so I will try to quickly fill you in in a couple other things.

We found a new investigator last week who is a former Satanist. We really do not know what that means, but he is an interesting fellow. We also are now meeting with a man named Roy from Shanghai, China. We were contacting up by the college, when I saw, him. I had talked to him before on exchanges, so it surprised Elder Bown when I just started talking to him. However, he really wanted to know what on earth makes us work so hard, so we now have agreed to meet regularly every Saturday so that he can learn more about Christianity and Western culture.

I have to go, but I promise I will write more next time and let you know all about everything we are doing.

I love you a lot and God be with you,

Starší Jozef Vilém Šindler

No comments:

Post a Comment