Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 7Mar2011

[Dear family and friends, here is Joseph's letter that we received today. I hope you enjoy it as we did! If you have any messages for Joseph, reply to this e-mail and I will forward them along to Joseph. I hope everyone is enjoying the LONGER March days! Joseph's editor]

Dear Family and friends,

I tried to send some pictures, but I think my memory card is too full for them to load today. I will put them on my camera and try to send them over next week.

It is sad to hear that Weston does not have school this week. [Weston is on his Spring Break.] It must be extra hard for him because every day he has to wake up and watch all his younger brothers go off to school while he has to stay home. I hope he makes it through the week. I am very excited to hear about his mission papers and call. Elder Ingalls' brother got his call a couple weeks ago [to Sweden!] and so I am looking forward to hearing about my own brother's call.

Daniel, congratulations on All Nation-band, or whatever the name is. [Daniel was selected from musicians who attended All-State bands across the country - to attend the All-Nation band in Washington, DC this summer!] It sounds like it is quite an honor and a special opportunity. I know that it came because you worked so hard and I hope that you have a great time in Washington DC. That should be a blast.

This week went well. We finally managed to start meeting with Tomáš again; he is the boyfriend of one of the members here. He is what most missionaries refer to as an "eternal" investigator, as he has been meeting with missionaries off and on for several years. He is a clever, funny young man, and actually, I was surprised to find out after meeting him a couple times, that he speaks English very well. We hope he will start working harder at making time to meet with us and to keep commitments like attending church and reading in the Book of Mormon daily.

We also were blessed with the opportunity to door-knock, or tract (the word we use in Czech is traktovat. Many Czech verbs are very similar to the English words, like prolongovat, parkovat, emailovat, etc.. although stopovat means to hitchhike). We found a young family, who invited us in and we were able to talk about the many blessings that come to our families because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We will be returning on Friday night (that is a great way to spend a Friday night, by the way). Watching drunk people on the square just is not as inspiring.

Roy, our friend from China, is also doing well. We taught him about the life of Jesus Christ and he listened very intently and really wants to learn all that he can. He could not make it to church, but he is a very kind individual and we are pleased that we have been able to meet him. Jirka Palica is also doing well. I think I mentioned him before, but he is a very nice, quiet man, who is a little hesitent to trust in God. We have been going over the divinity of the Book of Mormon and our lessons with him have been very short and powerful.

Well, I have to run. I read Ether eleven or twelve this morning in Czech because I did not want to outline a lesson or memorize anything in Czech. I am not really sure where we are as a family, but I am around there.

I love you all and have a great week.

Love,
Starší Jozef Vilém Šindler (I finaly found out how to add the marks on the top of capital letters on the key boards here with out using caps-lock)

ps Mom, could you consolidate and send me all of the advice you hava about eating healthy for me and send it to me for next week. I have decided I want to stop eating poorly and so I would appreciate anything you have to say. Love you lots. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment