Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 5Dec2011

[Dear friends and family,

I hope you enjoy this short letter from Joseph. While it's short, it let's us know that Joseph is actively working til the end. I can't believe that these letters will soon end. We are so excited to see Joseph again at the end of this month! (December 27)

If you have a message for Joseph (which he would love), just send it as a reply and I will make sure he receives it.

Let me know if you would like to be on the distribution list for our "Barcelona Letters" -- starting in January!

Thank you for your love and your support of Joseph over the past 24 months.

A fun story from our home: Christopher (soon to be 10) has decided he does not like left-overs. Much to his chagrin, Thanksgiving brought us LOTS of left-overs. We (except for Christopher) were enjoying one of our meal of turkey left-overs, and he took a drink of water (that had been chilling in the fridge). He put his glass down in disgust and said, "Is even the water a left-over??!"

Wishing you the merriest of Decembers as you prepare for Christmas!

I will be posting pictures that Joseph sent -- later today on his blog!

Sincerely, Joseph's editor - BWS]

Hi Family,
So this week went well. We had exchanges this week, so I was able to work in Třebíč again for about a day. It was a lot of fun. Elder Spencer is a good person to work with and we were able to see some good successes together.
We also found a couple last week, with whom the Elders met on Wednesday while I was in Třebíč. We set up an appointment again for Saturday, to which only the boy, Tomaš came. We taught him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He loved it. He loved it so much, he asked if he could to get his girlfriend who was unable to come to the scheduled meeting, so that we could teach her as well. We happily obliged. That was one of the best Saturdays of my mission.
The people with whom we are working are doing well, but I do not have much new to share about them.
I do need to go however, but I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week.
Love,
Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment