Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 19Dec2011

[Dear family and friends,

It is with sadness and excitement that I send you what will probably be the last letter we receive from Joseph in the Czech Republic. While the two years has seemed long, it has also seemed short. It has been a wonderful blessing for our family to have Joseph serving in the Czech Republic. We have learned to love these amazing people we have met through Joseph's letters. We are excited to see Joseph -- a week from today!

Thank you for your friendship and your support during these past two years. Thank you for your kind and supportive notes to Joseph.

We love you and wish you a wonderful Christmas season. Remember that the Spirit of Christmas is the Spirit of Christ!

Much love, Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family,

It finally snowed in Jihlava, while we were tracting, and so I was covered in a beautiful blanket of snow for most of our door approaches. I hoped that I would look pitiful enough for people to let me in, but we were only knocking on doors for about 45 min before we had to run for a meeting nearby. I greatly preferred the snow to the sleet that we had been having earlier in the week however and now we do have snow on the ground. We did not get a lot though, but it may snow again in the next week.

I am doing well here. It is not too cold and so I am managing to survive.

I really am enjoying serving with Elder Story. He and I get along really well and he is one of the favorite companions with whom I have served. We are working well together. By the way, Elder Ingalls wants to thank you dad for the note that you wrote him. He thinks that you are cool. He wants to meet you when we do the road trip to Canada after our missions (more details to come). [Elder Ingalls is from Minnesota!]

I got a haircut again today and once again i am reminded that I am balding.

Our area is doing well here. We are meeting with a wonderful man named Brother F, who is just eating up the Book of Mormon and everything we give him. We gave him a conference Liahona [this is the International magazine published by the church] last time and he liked it, even though the first article he read was the sustaining of Church leaders. He liked the other talk that President Uchtdorf gave a lot more. He even came to the branch Christmas party last Friday and got along well with the members.

We also visited the older couple that we found a couple weeks ago. We ended up visiting on their daughter's birthday, and even talked to her on the phone. She was very pleased to hear that we were meeting with them and encouraged us to be patient with her "stubborn" father.

I am looking forward to hearing from you on Sunday. [We are excited to talk to Joseph on Christmas morning!] I hope that time works out for you. If not, just call at a different time after one oclock my time.

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment