Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 8Aug2011

[Dear family and friends, it is already August! I hope that everyone is enjoying a very healthy (though warm!) summer.

This has been a busy last week - with Band Camp and Scout Camp. Julie and the twins are out in Idaho/Utah -- I am with the other boys here in Michigan for a few days before we join Julie and the twins. We have had some birthdays - with Weston (19 on July 6), Andrew (14 on August 1), Joseph (21 on August 5) and Julie (on August 17). We are anxiously awaiting Weston's mission call!

Joseph has decided to extend his mission until January 12 (the release day from my mission was January 13).

We were saddened a couple months ago when Julie's Mission President (Johannesburg, South Africa) and his wife passed away; we were saddened to hear that a few days ago my Mission President (Kobe, Japan) passed away. These are great men who had wonderful impacts on our lives.

Thank you for your love and support while Joseph is in the Czech Republic. He loves hearing from you! Send me your notes and I will forward them along to Joseph.

Wishing everyone the best August ever! Joseph's editor (BWS)]

Dear Everyone,

I do not have a ton of time, but I will try to fill you in.

I hope you liked the pictures.
One is a picture of me after I finally found a mushroom today with Brother M that was not bad. I felt fairly victorious and even found three more mushrooms. I got a good laugh out of the picture that Brother M drew. It is a picture Brother M drew after we explained to him about fast and testimony meeting. [This is a meeting we have on the first Sunday of every month during our monthly fast where we share our thoughts about the Savior -- along with thanking Him for the things with which we have been blessed.] He seemed to get it (with a sense of humor).

We went mushroom hunting today and while we did not find very many, we had a good time. We did come back very hungry and tired (we still have not eaten lunch). (It is almost four oclock).

This week went well for us and we saw some good things and spent a lot of time travelling. We went to Brno on Wednesday and came back Thursday (nine hours round trip) for a conference for new missionaries. The conference was nicely presented by the assistants and President Irwin. Then we almost went to the Austrian border on Saturday for a meeting with a kind, married couple. That lesson went well and we are going back next Saturday (the ride was almost an hour one way). Then yesterday we took an half an hour ride to visit a less active family. We were fed on both of these days and we were happy to go there (the food was amazing).

Got to go. I love you.

Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment