Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 1Aug2011

[Dear friends and family, I hope this letter finds all of you safe and well. Here is today's letter from Joseph. He definitely loves hearing from YOU! If you have a note for Joseph, reply to this note and I will send it along to him.

Joseph has decided to extend his mission call until January 12. This is an interesting date - since my mission release dated was on January 13 (1981)!

By the way, Friday is Joseph's birthday!! We are hoping that he receives his birthday package near his birthday.

Thanks for all of your love and support! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Hi everyone,

I do not have a lot of time, but I will try to fill you in.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures. Some of them did not make it to mom, but fill her in on them. They are from Elder Heaths camera, which is why some of them go back a while. [I will let you know when these pictures are available on Joseph's blog!]

Milo did get baptized. He was baptized on his birthday as well. He also received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday. He is still doing very well and we are excited to work with him.

Sister Glaus [one of the sister missionaries in Joseph's district] went home today, so now our district is down to five missionaries, and I am reminded of how much time I have left since she was in the MTC [Missionary Training Center] with me.

Happy Birthday, Andrew. I hope that everything is spectacular and that you enjoy this day. [Andrew is 14 years old today! He is celebrating his birthday from band camp!]

It has been raining here a lot. Too bad it has not been so cool over in Michigan. Rain is not good for missionary work here.

Well, I love you and wish you all well. Where are you reading in the Book of Mormon? [We're reading in Jacob!]

Have a good time with all your camps this week. [We have band camp and scout camp going on at the same time!]

love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment