Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Joseph's letter dated 27Oct2010

[Dear Family and Friends, this is Joseph's letter for this week - his preparation day for this week is on Wednesday. Due to my haste in sending last week's letter out, I inadvertently sent the wrong letter out (I forwarded to everyone my letter to Joseph). Sorry about that! I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great Halloween! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Peoples,

Well, today is my preparation day. My new companion is still not here (I am staying in Třebíč), and I am with the Elders in my district who are serving in Jihlava. We are guessing that he missed his bus connection in Prague, and apparently he does not know our number because we have not heard from him. We waited for him for about an hour at the bus station and finally decided we would go do something and them wait for the next bus to come, which comes in about three hours. I hope we manage to find him. His name in Elder Ingalls and he is from Minnesota. I have met him before and I like him a lot. He is very smart and very funny, so this transfer [the next 6 weeks]should be rather fun. It will be fun to serve with somebody not from Utah again, because a lot of people think we are all from Utah, and it is fun to say that I am from Michigan and that my companion is from New Jersey, California, and now Minnosota. Utah is cool though. I will let you know more about him on Monday [Joseph's next preparation day], and hopefully we will have found him by then. [I did get another note from Joseph an hour later telling me that he found his companion!]

Ochir and Aggie (I am actually not sure how to spell her name. It is a nickname, so I am not sure it really matters) are still doing well. We met with them and their daughter Helenka on Monday in the branch president¨s home. It was a good meeting and we taught specifically that God is our loving heavenly father, and that as such, we have the ability to communicate with him (via prayer) which is a wonderful thing (something we went over at mission conference). It was a good meeting and I am looking forward to working with them during this next transfer.

Besides them, we are also meeting with two teens (about eighteen years old), named John and Nikola. Both of them are way hard working and driven, so they do not have a lot of time to meet with us, but they are both making a good effort to find time to meet and to read in the Book of Mormon. We are trying to meet with them more, but in the meantime, they are doing well and are way awesome people.

I am doing well. I want to start working more with the less-active members here in the branch. I was reading an article written by President Monson today about how the worth of every soul is great in the sight of God and how we need to help those who have fallen away from activity in the Church (he shares a story about sugar beets in the Ensign from the Summer of 2009 if you want to read it). [I'll put this article in Joseph's blog!] Also, Elder Pearson talked about working with and strengthening the less-active members here in the Czech Republic. That should be way good, especially since I have been thinking a lot about what Grandma Schindler talked about at my baptism, about having no empty chairs when we get to heaven. I think that trying to get those who have fallen away back will help us out a lot as people, both members and missionaries.

I have received a few questions about the Czech Republic. Here are some answers: The Czech Republic is well advanced. We have nice streets, closed/underground sewers, good public transportation, nice stores, good food, etc... I am not living in a poor, less develped country, at all.

Well, I love you and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Thank you so much for your blessings and support.

Love,
Elder Jozef Šindler

No comments:

Post a Comment