Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Joseph's letter dated 11Oct2010

[Here is today's letter that we just received from Joseph! I hope that you enjoy it. If you'd like me to forward any notes to Joseph, just reply to this e-mail and I will forward them! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family and Friends,

This past week was a good week, but nothing really special happened. Ochir and Aggy were really busy with work, plus their oldest daughter turned eighteen, so we could not find time to meet. However, they are still excited about meeting and have told us that they know that what we are sharing with them is good. They are still reading in the Book of Mormon, and we will try to find them a Mongolian Bible this week so that they can read more about the life of Jesus Christ.

We are meeting with a few other people, but because of a lot of reasons, such as lack of time, lack of interest, lack of abiltity to answer the phone, etc. we are having a hard time meeting with them and helping them learn about the Book of Mormon and about Jesus Christ. As a side note, here is an interesting story. There is an Italian man named Carlos, who lives here in Třebíč. We have been trying to meet with him for the past two weeks, but everytime we call and set up an appoitment, he is never there. He is a very nice man and is rather funny, but the biggest challenge is that he does not speak Czech or English; however, he does speak German and Italian. Our conversations with him are very fun and interesting because we try to speak in Czech, and he speaks in very broken Czech, a lot of German, and an occasional English word. He is probably my favorite investigator to talk with because of that, but he never comes to our meetings and it is very difficult, though enjoyable, to speak with him.

We have a mini Zone Conference [a meeting between about 20 missionaries] this Wednesday, so we will be going to Brno. Brno is about an hour's drive to the East of Třebíč and is the second largest city in the Czech Republic, after Prague. We are looking forward to that.

General Conference was very good [this is the semi-annual meeting from our church headquarters when we hear talks from the Prophet, apostles and other authorities]. Elder Peterson and I watched it this past weekend. I was very impressed and learned a lot of things to help me personally improve into a better person.

Thank you for the pictures that you have sent [thank you Weston!], but if you have any more, I would be happy to receive them.

Well, I need to go, but I love you. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I am glad that I can share its message with the people here.

S laskou (which means with love),
Starší Schindler

ps- Thanks mom and dad for being wonderful parents.

pps- I may need some money so that I can either adjust my old suits so they fit better or so that I can buy a new one. To adjust them would cost about fifty dollars and I maybe could find a new one for a hundred dollars or so if I looked hard. I am nor sure what I will do exactly, but I would appreciate any imput. By the way, I have one suit that fits well, so this is not an immediate or pressing concern.

ppps- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups would be a welcome Christmas gift, or anything else that is Reese's, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment