Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Joseph's letter dated 18Oct2010

[Family and friends, here is the letter we received this morning from Joseph! Joseph's [editor - BWS]

Dear Friends and Family,

Last week we had a really good meeting with Ochir and Aggi. [They are the investigators from Mongolia.] We talked to them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They really like learning with us and have expressed a lot of interest in learning more about Christ and about Christianity. We challenged them to be baptized and they accepted. We are currently working so they can be baptized on November 14th. They are a little nervous, and they voiced concern about not being ready or knowing enough, but we assured them that we would help them and be there with them every step of the way. We are very excited for them both.

Last Wednesday we had a really good training session with our Zone Leaders in Brno. Our Mission President and the Assistants [Each mission President has 2-3 missionaries who work directly with him - they are called Assistants] were also there, and we were glad to receive their trainings and advice. We hope that it will help us with our work as missionaries in the future.

Next week my P-day [preparation day] will be on Wednesday, so I will be emailing then.

I know I keep asking for things, but could you add Listerine Strips to my list of things I would not mind receiving from America? Also, Mom, or Dad, could you send me a pumpkin pie recipe, and a pie crust recipe this week? I would really appreciate that.

We had a slowish week this past week, so I really do not have a whole lot else to write about. I still love you though, and am very thankful for your prayers on my behalf. Do not forget, the Book of Mormon is true.

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment