Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 17Oct2011

Dearest Family,
I hope that you all enjoy the pictures from some past exploits. If you want an explanation on any of them you will have to ask, but that is me and the other people are people standing next to me when the pictures were taken. [I think we knew that! LOL]
This week went rather well. We are having a wonderful time teaching Brother I, who is reading quite a lot in the Book of Mormon everyday. He works on Sunday, so that is his current struggle, but we are hoping to overcome it. He is from the Ukraine, and if he is anything like the normal Ukrainian man, it is easy to see why there is already a temple in Kiev. He is just an amazing, humble person. Even when his leg cramped up when we kneeled down to pray, he was very positive and was not angry at all. Then the next meeting the member we were teaching with also had his leg cramp up. Rather funny, but we will likely stop so that it does not happen to anyone else. I am afraid I am next.
We also added a new member to our branch this week; Jarda K., who just returned from his mission in Wisconsin. He is great and is going to be a wonderful help to us and the branch. In fact, he is teaching with us today, and so I actually have to go soon so that we can make that lesson.
I am now flying into Saginaw and will land at 7:50 pm on the 27th of December.
We have to go and I love you all a lot.
Quickly, I forgot to tell you all that we are reading the Book of Mormon as a misison, ten pages a day. We are right now in Alma fifty and will finish just before the transfer. I do not have time to fully express it now, but I really do love the Book of Mormon. It is just so amazing and full of truth and guidance.
I love you all.
Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment