Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 25Jul2011

[Dear family and friends,

Here is the short letter we received from Joseph today. It sounds like he is happy! He loves hearing from you. Reply to this note - and I will forward your reply to him. Thank you for your prayers and your support of our Joseph. We hope you are staying cool!!!

In preparing a talk that I gave yesterday I came up with an interesting tidbit of information. My great, great, great grandfather Christian Jenson and his 14 year old son, my great, great Grandfather Andrew Jenson came through Michigan from Port Huron to Chicago on July 23rd -- 145 years ago! My great, great Grandpa Owen Roberts and his daughter Catherine, my great, great Grandma came through Detroit during the summer -- 147 years ago! It's fun to find these connections!

Love, Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family,

First of all, Brother M did not get baptized. He was completely ready though and has already passed his interview. Just with logistics, it was decided that this coming Saturday would be the better day for the baptism. He is doing fabulously and is very excited for his upcoming baptism.

I remembered my address. Here it is:

Elder Joseph W. Schindler
Máchova 663/24
37001 České Budějovice 7
Czech Republic

I have been forgetting that for a while, but finally found a letter in the box with the entire address. So there you go. Just put my name at the beginning and end it with the Czech Republic and all should be well. [Don't send any packages to this address; he may not receive packages at this address.]

We are seeing some good things in our area as well. Brother M is progressing well (after all he is preparing for baptism) and we are meeting every day with him to make sure he is as prepared as possible. The spirit we feel at those meetings is very helpful for the rest of our days throughout our various activities.

We also met a professor from BYU last Saturday, and Sunday when he came to church. We were walking away from the main square after having peeked in at the Bohemia Jazz festival going on, when from behind us came the amazing call of, "hey Elders!". He was in town for the Jazz festival and we talked for a little while before showing him where we would meet for church the next day. It was a nice, little experience.

Well I have to run. I love you. Enjoy the picture, it is from a trip we went on with a couple of members from the US and Prague. [You can see the picture in Joseph's blog at: http://josephsmission-brent.blogspot.com/ ]

Love,
Elder Schindler

P.S. Elder Darrington and I wave a hello back to the Andersons. [The Andersons were the missionary couple in Joseph's mission home who were there earlier in his mission. They are now back in Rexburg, ID. They kept very good track of our missionary kids! Did I mention how much we, as parents, love and appreciate our missionary couples!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment