Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 19Jul2011

[Dear friends and family, we received this letter on Tuesday, but I haven't been able to forward it until today because I was with our Young Men on a High Adventure camping experience on South Manitou Island (which was a fabulous experience)! I will be posting a few more pictures on the blog.

I hope everyone is staying COOL, safe and happy.

Forward your notes to Joseph to me - and I will forward them to him!

Much love, Joseph's editor - BWS]

Hello Everyone,

So my preparation day is today, to begin with. We had a zone conference yesterday and so the schedule was changed to accommodate that change. We had an exceptional conference and we received some welcome and helpful direction from our leaders. Our Zone Leaders spoke and presented to us the importance of being bolder in giving people commitments and inviting people to repent. I think the most helpful part of their time though, was the introduction; when they discussed our own commitment that we made as missionaries to serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength. Both of the Zone leaders are very strong, spiritual missionaires and their love and dedication to their callings was felt.

The Assistants also spoke on the absolute neccessity of working with members and learning to love and serve the members here in the Czech Republic. They exhorted us to build releationships with our local members and to show them that we are dedicated servants of God. Then they urged us to help them gain a testimony of missionary work and to encourage them to share the blessings of the gospel with their friends and family.

President Irwin also reminded and taught us of the necessity of providing those we teach with excellent, and spiritually uplifting experiences at church. He explained that it is our responsibility as missionaires to help people feel as comfortable as possible so that they are free to experience the blessings of feeling the Holy Ghost during church and Sunday School.

In other news, Brother M is getting baptized on Saturday. He has not smoked for several days now and is right on track to continue not to. He is very excited for baptism and is even starting to organize and prepare his family history. We will start to prepare him to go to the temple next week and we are so excited for him.

Elder Darrington and Elder Heath are great companions. Elder Darrington is finishing his mission on a high note with dedicated study and a good, strong desire to share our message with the Czech people. Elder Heath just talks to everyone. This is an amazing companionship and a pleasure to work with them. The picture I sent was taken after we ran from the train station last week to the building in the pouring rain for a lesson we had scheduled. We were soaked.

I still do not have my address Mom. I know the house number, but I still do not have the rest of the information. I will try to get it to you sometime.

However, I have to go. I love you all and miss you. I will be reading Words of Mormon today. Please let me know where you all are.

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment