Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 27Jun2011

[Dear family and friends, I have included Joseph's letter below. I hope you enjoy it. We are currently in Washington, DC -- where Daniel had the wonderful experience of playing in the All-Nation Band -- which is an elite group picked from all of the All-State Bands in the Nation! He played at the Kennedy Center on Sunday -- which was a wonderful experience. We have stayed with Lowell, Julie's brother and with my good friends, the Russells, in the area. We will be heading back home -- today!

Joseph loves hearing from all of you! Send your notes to me - and I will forward them to him!

Love, Joseph's editor -- BWS]

Dear Family,

This week was great, but I do not have much time. Nonetheless, I will make a glorious attempt to summarize the goings-on here that we have seen and experienced.

One, Miloslav Rybák [one of the young men Joseph is teaching] is progressing well, though he is struggling to quit smoking. That is his only issue at the moment, but we have recommited him to the quit smoking program and he has accepted the challenge and wants to quit. He has also read up to Alma chapter 44 [about half way through the Book of Mormon], and to add to that, he actually understands what is going on in his reading. His planned baptism date is for July 16 and we are looking forward to that very much.

Last Thursday we went up to Prague for a Zone Conference with Elder Karr (an Area Seventy) [one of the local church leaders]. I do not have the time to describe all of the events leading up to that, during it, or the spirit felt, but I did write it in my journal, so rest assured, for a record of this event does exist.

Elder Darrington and I are doing well together. We have transfers coming up next Wednesday (which means that a week from Wednesday will be my P-day [Preparation Day]) and we are hoping to stay together, although we are avoiding talking about transfers as much as we can.

What is the Russell's nephew's name? [Our friend's nephew recently joined Joseph's mission!] I have met one of the new missionaries, so I may know him if his name is Elder Coleman [it is not!]; otherwise, I likely do not know him.

On another note, I love you. I have been thinking about you this week and how grateful for all the things that you have given me and how I have been exceedingly blessed to be a member of this family.

I am glad you enjoyed Washington, DC. Hope to see some pictures next week and I love you. [Weston didn't have the equipment here to send the pictures.]

Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment