Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 24Jan2011

[Dear family and friends, here is the letter we received this morning from Joseph. We hope that all of you are staying warm and safe! It's been below -0- here in Michigan. The good news is that we didn't have the Polar Bear camp out during last weekend when it was 20 below! Joseph's editor - BWS]
To whom it may concern,

We had an interesting week this week. I was a little sick, so that put a stumbling block into some of our contacting time, but all in all, I think we had a good week.

Sister Štulerová is still doing amazingly well. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom last Tuesday, and we gladly, and somewhat surprisingly, found out that she already lives perfectly by it. She does not smoke, drink, etc.. and we found out that she is rather health conscious, which likely led her to not take these substances. Unfortunately, she has been sick for the past few days. We are praying for her and hope that she recovers soon.

We are teaching an older man named Gejza. Missionaries had been meeting with him for several years. He has heard all the lessons, and even all the discussions (what the lessons used to be back before the dawn of time). He is a rather nice and kind man, but he is currently homeless and has some other issues that we are not quite sure how to work with. [For those of us who were missionaries when we taught "discussions" before the dawn of time, we'll probably feel very old!]

Our apartment is going to be painted this week, so we get to move some of our furniture and study at the church building for a few days. Elder Bown wanted to move everything about a meter away from the wall; I said that a yard would probably be better. I thought it was hilarious, he found it mildly amusing.

I drank about twelve liters of apple juice this week. I normally do not drink juice, but because I was sick, I had that recommended as a cure.

Elder Bown went to go have a cavity filled at the dentist today. He was not pleased when they told them they would not fill the hole in his tooth because it was not a cavity, but rather had been caused by the other tooth in his mouth grinding into it. I thought his reaction was funny, as he is not too pleased to have a hole in his tooth.

Also, since I was ill, I was finally able to finish my workbook exercises for my Czech language levels. I have been putting them off for a while, but since I had time, I worked in them for several hours over a couple days.

Well, thats all for now. Love you.

TTFN,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment