Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Letter dated 29Nov2010

[Dear family and friends, here is our letter that we received today from Joseph. I hope you enjoy it! I guess, from what Joseph says, we need to send MORE packages! I will be posting these pictures on Joseph's blog. I will let you know when they are up! BWS]

Dear everyone,

This week went a little slow, and it has only been about four days since I last talked to you so I do not think I have a ton of things to add, but I will try. I also can not type as fast as Elder Ingalls, so that is a problem too.

Well, first of all, it snowed a decent amount last night. Those pictures I sent were taken this morning, and that snow was not there yesterday. It looks like we will have a white December, which is pleasing to both Elder Ingalls and me. He is still a little perturbed that the Christmas lights are already up on the Town Square, thinking that they should wait until December first, which happens to be the day right after his birthday. It was was funny last week because it took him about ten minutes to notice all of the new Christmas wreaths on the Square, and that was then the topic of conversation for the rest of the night. Then last night, he saw the new, giant tree on the Square, and that caused a funny reaction from him.

I hope these pictures turned out. I decided that since I only have about a hundred pictures so far on my mission, I better start taking some now, or else mom will be very mad at me when I come home and say that I did not really take any pictures. I will try to send some more along in the near future.

Sacrament meeting yesterday featured a Children's program instead of talks from members. It reminded me so much of home. The girls were all well behaved, a couple of the girls were nervous, and the two older boys did not want to be participating. One just stayed off to the side and waited while the other boy took the opportunity to march up to the stand as well as to cover his face with his script. It was great. The Branch [congregation] here is awesome.

I heard from Dad that you read Helaman 3 last night, if it is okay, I will start in Helaman 4 tonight and continue reading with you.

So apparently Elder Ingalls' family loves him a lot more than you do, because he has about five packages already in our apartment. Just kidding, but seriously, he has a lot of stuff.

Well, that is all for now. Love you all and wish you the best in the upcoming month.

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment