Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Letter dated 1Nov2010

Good Morning,

Well this week is going rather well. I found my new companion, who was only a few hours late because his bus broke down outside of Prague. He had to stand during the two and a half hour bus ride, but he arrived in one piece and is way cool. I like him a lot and I think will will have a great transfer together. He is from Minnesota, studied at BYU, played tennis in high school, participated in Science Olympiad and is a really good missionary (his name is Elder Ingalls).
- Hide quoted text -


This last week was a little slow because of transfers and all of that, but we did see some good things. Ochir and Aggie are still reading and praying every day, which is very good, but they are having a really hard time making time for church. They work six days a week and so we know it is hard for them to take their day off and spend some of it at church, but it is just so good for their family and I know that when they do they will really start to feel why they need to attend church. We have a lot of hope for them this transfer and I am looking forward to working with them.

We had a Halloween party this past Saturday. Halloween is not a Czech holiday by any means, but we have had missionaries here in the Czech Republic for years, so it has become a regular tradition for missionaries and members to have a party on Halloween. It was rather fun. There were many children at the party and a good time was had by all. We, Elder Ingalls and I, were asked to be in charge of games. We hung apples from strings and also had cups filled with candy, which children could recieve if they were able to throw another piece of candy into the cup from accross the room. They had a good time, and I thought it was a success.

Daylight Savings Time just ended, and so now it gets dark very early here, at about 5.20. This means that we get to tract [look for people door to door] a lot more, which is not my favorite thing to do as a missionary, but we are starting to see some success from it and I think it will help us find some new people who are ready for the gospel.

I am sending a couple of pictures. One is a picture of me on a train and the other is a picture of my companion and me at the Halloween party.

I am probably going to buy a dictionary today. I think I am at the point where I just need to give in and buy it because my pocket one really is not enough any more. I think I have enough money, but I will likely ask for some in the future for things like that, although to be honest, I really do not think I will be needing anything else.

Well, thank you so much for reading today. I love you and wish you the best. Do not forget, the Book of Mormon is true.

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment