Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 31Oct2011 - Halloween!

[Dear family and friends, I hope that all of you are doing well. I hope that you have had a good October -- and are ready for a GREAT November! I know that some of you have experienced snow already. Fortunately, our snow is waiting. I am hoping that all of you are happy, healthy and well.
Respond to this email with any notes you have for Joseph. He LOVES hearing from you!
Sincerely, Joseph's editor - BWS]
Dearest Family,

This week has flown by rather quickly. We saw some amazing blessings, and everything just seems mushed together. This upcoming week is the last of the the transfer, so my next pday [preparation day] will be on Wednesday the ninth. Looking forward to hearing from you.

So this week.

We were finally able to set up with and connect with a referral whom we have been pursuing for about two months now. His name is Brother M and he is a truck driver and so is often gone. However, he had time this last week and so we met with him on Friday. It turned out that ever since meeting the branch president in Olomouc, and receiving a book of Mormon, he has been reading it every morning before going to work. It was so amazing to see such a humble man who is trying to understand why he is here and who God is. He absolutely loved learning about the Gospel and told us that that is exactly what he wants to do when he meets with us. It was such an amazing testimony builder is so many ways, in seeing this humble seeker of truth, the misisonary work of members and in the converting power of the Book of Mormon.

Also we are meeting with a young woman named Sister E, and while at first it was hard for me to gauge her level of interest and reason for interest, this last meeting we had with her was amazing. We were teaching about prayer and she asked the question, "how can I know if an answer I receive is from me or from God?" It was such a sincere question and after turning to Moroni 10:3-5, and answering it, I notice a definite strenghtening of the presence of the spirit in our lesson. [Here is a link to that scripture! http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/moro/10?lang=eng] That question was so sincere that I was able to recogize that this investigator really did want to know how to find truth.

We have been working so hard here in Jihlava that it is difficult to realize that the transfer is just about up. We still have one week left, but I know that this week will go by even faster. I am praying for the help I need to keep working hard right until the end and so far I have seen such prayers answered in magnificent ways.

Our new branch mission leader, Jarda K. is just on fire. He is so excited to work with the missionaries and see less active members come back to church that it is just strengthening to be around him. I think that thanks to his help we are going to see some really amazing blessing in our area and in this city in terms of working with members.

Well, I have to run, but I love you all,

love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment