Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Letter from Joseph dated 16May2011

[Dear family and friends, this is the letter we received from Joseph this morning. I will be posting the pictures he sent in his blog. Check tomorrow and they should be there! Please continue to send your notes to me -- and I will forward them to Joseph. Thank you for your continuing love and support! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear All,

Thank you for the game ideas. They are great. I know that at least a couple of them will be quite successful here. I am looking forward to using them.

Also, I, Elder Schindler, have sent you photos. [Soon to be published on Joseph's blog!] I thus feel no reason that would stop me from demanding (pleading) for photos in return. I love you and want to see a little bit more of you. [We did send a couple of pictures this week!] Please get those pictures coming. Last Monday we went to Hluboká and took the pictures. That is where that castle is.

This week went a little bit slowly, but Saturday more than made up for it. We went to visit a member from Bulgaria named Zorro (sign of the z, Antonio Bandaras, the whole bit. He is a very cool guy). Anyhow, he has a very difficult time coming to church because the bus times are horrendous, and so we went to visit him. He was so welcoming and thankful to see us, telling us that our visit would help get him through the next week. Then he introduced us to a family of seven, who we were able to teach and share the message of the Restoration. It was a wonderful Saturday.

Outside of that, we had a good, normal week. We are meeting with a man named Milo who is preparing for baptsim in just under a month. He is doing well and came to church for the second time yesterday. He enjoyed it.

Well, I have to go, but before I do, I have a couple of things to say.

One, Mom, in the program for Oliver, it says that you live at home with your six sons. I do not live at home. I do not even live in the same country. I think it should have said that you live with five sons, and the oldest is preaching the fulness of the restored gospel in Southern Bohemia. That would be a lot cooler.

Also, family, please send me the lyrics to Sweet Spirt from the movie Sons of Provo. That would be most appreciated.

I love you,

Ëlder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment