Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Joseph's letter dated 9May2011

[Dear friends and family, I hope this letter finds you well, safe and happy. We were able to have a wonderful chat with Joseph yesterday by phone. He sounds GOOD! It was a very short 40 minutes.

Just a few highlights from the call:

-- Weston was only able to join us on the call for about 10 minutes - given that he had to go back to work. Since he will be leaving on his mission in a few months, he and Joseph will not have the chance to see each other for a while. Joseph asked Weston to tell him "everything" about what Weston was doing. Weston said, "Well, we now have Netflix." Joseph responded, "Weston, tell me ANYTHING but that!"

-- Joseph said that the city where he is now serving is the most beautiful city in which he has served.

-- Joseph's companion is from Idaho! (Somewhere near Nampa.)

-- There is a small branch in the city where Joseph is serving. On Sunday, they only had 20 people in attendance. Joseph is looking for ways that he can better serve these people.

-- Joseph promised to send more pictures -- if we would send him more pictures! We assigned this task to Weston -- given that Weston has the best camera.

-- Joseph asked specifically about his missionary friends -- Colten, Craig and Alex.

-- Joseph also asked about his high school teachers and friends -- about how they are doing. He specifically asked about Tom, Forrest and a couple others whom I will remember later!

All in all, it was good to talk to Joseph. He is sounding very grounded and very happy! His sense of humor is . . . intact!

Thank you for all of your notes of support.

Love, Joseph's editor -- BWS]

Dear Family,

Well, since I spoke with you yesterday, I do not have a lot else to add to this week's communication system. I am happy and healthy and ready for a great week out here in good old Bohemia (I say that because I have to run up to Prague tonight and will be there tomorrow).

I love you all and hope that all of you are having a blast back home.

So I have a request. The missionaries here hold an FHE game night on Friday and we need some game ideas since most of ours are already expended. Could you please send me any such game ideas? Maybe ask Sister Jones. I remember that she had many wonderful ideas.

Remember, tell Brad I said congratulations and tell Colten I said hello. [Brad is one of Joseph's friends who recently was married; Colten recently returned from his mission to Italy!]

Got to run,
Love you,
Elder Schindler.

ps-send pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment