Elder Joseph W. Schindler -- The Czech Republic

I have created a blog to make it easier to share information about Joseph and his mission to the Czech Republic. I hope you enjoy Joseph's experiences and reflections as much as we do!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Joseph's President's Day letter (February 21, 2011)

[Dear family and friends, this is the letter we received this morning from Joseph. We are excited about Sister Stulerova's baptism! We hope this note finds everyone safe and warm on this blustery President's Day! Thank you for your love and your prayers! Joseph's editor - BWS]

Dear Family and friends,

First of all, Sister Štulerová did get baptized and confirmed a member of the Church this past weekend. We were not worried about it; the baptism went very well and a very sweet spirit of peace was felt by all. The brother who baptized her was rather nervous, but all went well and she was very grateful for all who came, as we had quite a good turn out from the branch. From the first day she came, she has been welcomed into the branch [a small congregation] and everyone was very welcoming and supportive on Sunday when she was confirmed as a member and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

While we had an amazing ending to the week (see the above paragraph), the week went a little slowly and we did have some struggles meeting with and finding people. We went on exchanges as well, which meant I was working with Elder Nestman here in Zlín, which was good as I have known him for quite some time, and plus, he is going home in ten days, so it was nice to see him and to say good bye.

Transfers are coming up next week, so we are trying to finish out our transfer really strong this week and the couple days next week (by the way, this means I will email next on Wednesday, do not forget to write). [If any of you have a minute, Joseph would LOVE to hear from you! Just respond to this e-mail and I'll forward the note to him.]

I hope all is well back home. I understand that you had a snow day today and I heard you received the package. I hope the things were worth sending and that you will enjoy the dolls, flag, books and candy. [We were so excited!]

Just so you know, I have abandoned my out loud reading in the Book of Mormon for the time being, as I am trying to do the same thing in Preach my Gospel so that I can earn my next language level. I am still reading the Book of Mormon in personal study and am quite pleased to say that I am actually understanding what I am reading in the middle of second Nephi when I have the Bible opened with it. I suddenly understand so much more about what Isaiah is saying and how that applies to us as people today. Also, to follow the instructions of Sister Irwin, I have been studying the Conference Ensign; that has been great.

Well, I have to run. I love you a lot and I hope to hear from you on Wednesday next week,

Love,
Elder Schindler

No comments:

Post a Comment